I know that in the blog-o-sphere, this post is probably delayed by a couple days, but that’s because I’ve been spending a lot of time with family on the East Coast. I also know that everyone is weighing in (no pun intended?) on their New Year’s Resolutions, so I think this makes like the 463453th resolution post you’ve read in the last 24 hours. But I like to write these things for me, too. It helps to get it out there in the open and, frankly, where else can you find so many strangers willing to listen to you talk to yourself?…Besides the New York subway.
- Graduate! Woohoo! I (finally) graduate this year. I will be receiving a Bachelor’s of Art in Italian Language and Literature with a minor in the English Language. Let’s not ask me all my future life plans unless it’s followed by handing me a Xanax.
- Re-decorate/Major de-clutter. I know this one seems strange, but I’ve been living in my current apartment for awhile now and, well…stuff accumulates. I feel better when everything is congruent with everything else and right now, it’s a mess. So, I hope to get rid of the things I haven’t touched in awhile and really get the place in shape.
- Embrace art. I’m an artist at heart. I used to fight it a lot because I thought it was “wasting time”. I’m now realizing that art is a part of me that I cannot rid of and that brings me a lot of joy. I plan to do a drawing a day, like the one below, and make several paintings. Maybe even create a working artist portfolio.
- Manage my health. My health has a been an uphill battle (as is all things with an autoimmune disease). It makes me think of holding up different toys, food, bottles, binkies up to a crying toddler in desperation to make it stop crying. I’m learning that meditation, yoga, and lots of sleep are three of the major key players of taming this autoimmune disease. This is probably going to be the biggest struggle because, with my busy days, I have a hard time justifying taking time out to meditate.
- Read more, write most. I’ve had an ongoing love affair with books since I was a little girl. I hope to pick up the little business book of the month again. I already have two books under my belt to review and a laundry list of other ones to come. I also have been practicing my writing again. How awesome would it be to write an entire book?! I’ve dreamed of it, but never done it. This year is the year.
- Others worth mentioning: becoming a regular at farmers’ markets again, donating to Humane Society (favorite charity), hitting 10,000 steps every day, hike more, play more sports, and volunteer more!